Hello, I'm Chad, a Web Developer
Iâve always had a strong passion for technology. Shortly after I was gifted my first computer, I grew interested in web development and programming. I've always enjoyed the feeling of accomplishment when programming, and I take pride in writing clean, readable, maintainable, and efficient code. I'm constantly furthering my skills to keep up with the ever changing demand the web has. Programming is more than a job to me, itâs a hobby and a passion.
July 2017 - Present
- Developing a modern front-end application using React, Redux, and TypeScript.
November 2014 â July 2017
- Worked in a agile scrum environment doing full stack development on an application that specialized in payroll, benefits, and human resources.
- Developed back-end code base using domain driven design with C#, Web API, and MVC5.
- Developed frontend single page applications using AngularJS, TypeScript, Bootstrap, and LESS.
Edison Chouest Offshore
December 2013 â November 2014
- Implemented automation systems on new vessels using ladder logic.
Nicholls State University
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
August 2009 - December 2013
- Majored in Computer Information Systems
- GPA: 3.6
- Consistently been awarded the Presidentâs List award since the Fall 2010 semester. The Presidentâs List award requires a student to maintain a scholastic GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Member of Beta Gamma Sigma. It is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in a business program accredited by AACSB International.
- Member of Upsilon Pi Epsilon. It is the first and only existing international honor society in the Computing and Information disciplines.
I've been a technology enthusiast ever since I received my first computer at the age of 11. A few years later I starting creating web sites and fell in love with the web. Shortly afterwards in high school I took a computer repair course that sparked my love for computer hardware. In college I had to decide which path I wanted to take and being a web developer won.
When I'm not programming, I enjoy spending time with my girlfriend Melanie and my cat Pat. I also enjoy building and tearing apart computers, falling down on my skateboarding, rocking out while playing guitar and bass, exploring new worlds in video games, and trying new craft beers!